Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tweaking Image Overlays

My friend Keith asked me a few questions about using overlays in Google Earth. Given my recent post about using historical map overlays, I thought I would share this knowledge with the rest of the blogosphere.

Tip: Rotating an image overlay you have placed in Google Earth - Right click (CTRL click on the Mac) the overlay in the Places pane and choose Properties. The Edit Image Overlay dialog box appears. Click and drag the diamonds that appear on the overlay.

Tip: Resizing an image overlay without changing its proportions - Right click (CTRL click on the Mac) the overlay in the Places pane and choose Properties. Hold down the Shift key as you click and drag the corners of the image overlay.

Learn more about using image overlays.

No comments: